Friday, June 3, 2011

The Long Lost Floater

HOW COULD I FORGET TO MENTION THAT RUMIL HAD FLOATERS IN SAN FRANCISCO?

From the beginning this blog was about his first cleanse and I totally spaced he had flipping floaters two days in a row when we were in San Francisco. He text me from the bathroom Saturday morning: Solid Poop.

"Wow!" I responded with a headache and piece of cold pizza in mouth. "Am I eating pizza with meat on it?"

"No. I think it's nuts." He said.

"Are you sure? Cause it tastes like sausage."

I haven't had pizza in a long time. Clearly.

Today, Wednesday, his weigh in was 186.5, about 3.5 lbs heavier than where he wants to be. Although he did get down to 181 on the cleanse, the goal was not to have him wither away. He feels great at 183 and loves his new driver's license =)

Neither of us wants to think about what the scale read yesterday. Good news is, we're both almost back. The sad news is, eating and drinking like that used to be my life when I lived in The City. I had to avoid contact with everyone for a month in 2009 so I could drop 5 pounds for a wedding. In fact, within my first year of living in the city the scale was tipping 160. I had to avoid life in general for a few months to get down to 140 which is a weight I have maintained for three years.

I'm not knocking the city life or saying I've turned my stilettos in for flip flops (which I have but might deny) but my body can't handle it. Even if I did enjoy a nice dinner at home with friends and one night alone by myself, there were still five other nights of the week that I was out at a restaurant/bar. I was cold. And lonely.

All I'm saying is a 16 pound difference (if I ever see 126 again- please God) is huge. It's lighter, it's comfortable and it's way more balanced. I can't believe I was actually 37 pounds heavier at one point. The highest my weight was 163. Don't try to find any pictures of me then; I avoided cameras like the plague; and beaches too. Simple over indulgences. Too much food and too much drink.

Am I lucky the food in Orange County sucks? Maybe. What I'm really lucky for is love; having an amazing partner, warm sunshine, a lap pool, a salt water pool, and of course, Twiggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment