Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Funday

I try not eat too much on Monday's. It's an eleven hour day at work which helps keep me busy but it's more for cleansing purposes than anything. Usually one the weekend I have a few vodka/sodas and/or wine and eat a little more than a typical Monday through Friday type deal.

Typically on Monday's I bring a couple pieces of fruit, today an orange and a nectarine, which both came for our produce box from Farm Fresh To You. I also brought some raw almonds. Although I was pleasantly surprised about Costco's produce (being from California and pesticide free), their nuts are not so impressive.

I work for a pharmacist who grew up on a farm in Modesto(ish) and said to always rinse almonds. Well, I haven't been because I don't want them to go moldy. In any event, I bought a bag of Blue Diamond raw whole almonds from Andronico's in Palo Alto and was shocked at how fabulous they tasted.

The pharmacist has an affinity for Blue Diamond and when I showed him the bag and how delicious they were, he asked why. I told him they tasted fresher, were crunchier and I hadn't had one bad almond from the bag yet. When I asked about rinsing he said if they are hermetically sealed, such as Blue Diamond with a zip lock, they do not have to be rinsed, but costco or farmer's market style in the plastic, which is more porous, should always be washed. So there you have it. Blue Diamond is now selling one pound bags so you don't have to buy those little tins. Fabulous!

Okay, back to Monday. Two pieces of fruit, some raw almonds and Brackers and a seriously copious amount of water. For dinner, I always want chips and salsa, so while I might have that, I will have broth as well. Now that my fiance is home in the evening I actually have to make something for dinner.

When he is in class and I eat alone, some broth or salad and chips and salsa does the trick. We'll have to work on this. Also, I'm not blaming him, but it's been extremely difficult to get my SF weight off with him home in the evening! I'm down to 130 this morning, which is good, but not 126. I hit 128 on Saturday but a little bit of this and little bit of that, lunch out with friends in town, dinner at the future in-laws and what a fricken disaster. I can't get depressed, just have to keep moving forward. Plus girls weekend is this Satuday and I have to be in a swim suit so hopefully that will help keep me on the straight and narrow. We bought all this wine and don't have a wine rack so we figured the best thing to do is drink it??? Also not helping.

I added a new "thank you" to my evening prayers on Thursday night. I decided I wanted to add how thankful I am that I am not living life daily in pain. Two days later, I tweak my neck. Oh the pain! Thank God for one of the ladies at the pharmacy. I got a rub down, a throw away ice bag that is never going to disintegrate (my co-worker told me it's for emergencies only when I asked her if it was re-usable) and some pain relieving patches that I have to leave on my shoulders for eight hours straight which I am positive are leaking poison directly into my pores as we speak.

I feel a lot better, but dang, what a wake up call about how much pain sucks and how anything that has "active" and "inactive ingredients" helps no matter how much you want to be tough. And this is minor. So I'm still saying my thank you prayer in addition to, "please God, let this end soon." I'm so stiff. It hurts to sit up in bed, turn over, or move in general. The hard part is to not tense up and remember that this is only a small, small dose of what daily pain is like. The temperpedic helps, but yowch. No fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment