Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's All About the Gynostemma


I am a huge tea lover. I practically drink tea for a living. My latest craze was with the Kusmi Detox, but I'm fresh out and on to the next. In order to drink this tea properly you need a thermos and a cup, or two cups. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, try to pour water over this tea bag and drink out of the same cup. Over steeping this tea (it steeps for 3-5 minutes, BUT, one bag brews three cups) causes it to be extremely strong and may make you feel a bit nauseous. Yes, I am speaking from experience. 

How to Brew Gynostemma:

Steep in cup or thermos
Pour into mug.

Pour only what you need for that one cup. Pour it all in your cup. Then, when you are ready for your next cup, steep fresh water. You can do this three times. I do it all day. 

Gynostemma is an amazing Chinese herb used for longevity. At the Women's Wellness Conference I was at, everyone spoke in length about the gynostemma and Chinese Herbs. After learning about all these herbs: dandelion root, milk thistle, horsetail, schizandra, black shilajit, tree mushrooms, astragalus, cat's claw. etc. etc., I mean the list goes on and on, Truth Caulkins gave a presentation and delivered what we needed to hear. He said, "If there are only two things you can afford to buy, get the Dragon Tea and the Shilajit." 

Keep in mind all these crazy herbs from all over the world, organically grown, and harvested using only pure raw natural spring water are expensive! I was incredibly thankful he said that because I was so overwhelmed trying to figure out what the heck I could tangibly walk away with at  the conference. Truth is pretty groovy. He opened the first tonic bar in LA. If you looked up "far out" in the dictionary you would see his picture. Along with David Wolfe's. They truly are fascinating people.

Back to gynostemma: it's all about longevity! It is a super potent herbal formula in a tea bag that is 5 to 10 times stronger than just a blend of chopped herbs. I think it's amazing. Still need to try to shilajit.



No comments:

Post a Comment