Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's Lent!

It's been awhile but Lent is here and that can only make me think of one thing: another cleanse!

We're not Catholic, but let's get straight to the point. Lent is a great time for people to jump on the healthy lifestyle bandwagon. It's very similar to making a new year's resolution, however, when you throw Jesus in the mix, things get a lot more serious. So give it up! Whatever it is!

My fiance and I are giving up alcohol. We don't really eat sugar in other forms, so this should be interesting. One of my clients informed me that "they" (the Catholics that is) do six days on and Sunday off...go figure. So we're on that bandwagon, you know to keep Jesus happy. We're taking Saturday off, but that's a different story.

I just attended a Women's Wellness Conference by David Wolfe, a major raw foodie, so I am also giving up the few processed foods I do still indulge in...read: cheese. tortilla chips. more cheese. more chips (they're organic tortilla chips, mmmk?!) I think it will be great and I am feeling very inspired since I was just surrounded by the raw foodie crew. Also, a great friend of mine (who I first dabbled in raw foods with) is already on the wagon, so that will be of great help and support.

When I asked my fiance if he wanted to do another cleanse, he said he can't because he doesn't want to lose any more weight and he already bought his suit for the wedding! Come on! It's all gravy though. It's all raw gravy. Made from mushrooms I suppose. So he's not into, and I'm okay with that. Better to stay focused on just giving up the alcohol.

At my last post he was at 185ish and now he's down to 180. At 6'3", he's right. He really can't afford to lose any weight. I believe I was trying to recover from our SF trip where I gained six pounds. I am now down to 120 and loving every minute of it. It's a far cry from the 163 I once was. Even a far cry from the 143 I thought I was doing so well at. And I'm eating! That's the best part!

Anyway, the moral of the story today is, get a buddy, set a goal, give something up for the next 40 days and be thankful you're not fasting in the desert for real. It's just you. And Jesus. PS. Don't wait until next Monday. B E G I N !

No comments:

Post a Comment