Monday, March 19, 2012

Coconut Oil and My Face

Don't mix.

Mimi Kirk, author of Live Raw, basically my new Bible, says to use 100% pure organic coconut oil as a moisturizer. Enter acne. Are you serious?! My forehead totally broke out. I mean, it's like spreading oil on your face. Oh wait. It IS spreading oil on your face! I read somewhere you can use it as deodorant so I'll stick with that for now.


(She's 73, by the way.) 

So Friday night I was freaking out about my acne and my fiance said he didn't think I was supposed to put it on my face.

Enter Mimi breakdown moment. "Yes you do, it says! The book says! Mimi says!" I'm pretty sure between that, trying to find vegetable glycerin to make my own face soap, raw potato slices on my eyes, and the deer antler he sees me squirting under my tongue, he thinks I've lost it.

I try not to talk about raw food, being raw, or Mimi too often. He is still trying to grasp the thought of me no longer eating cheese. I'm not being fascist, I have had my ups and downs, but I always get right back on the wagon. The hard part is not getting stuck under the tire and letting the wagon run you over. You want to be the driver, obvi.

If one bad day turns into two, it makes it even more difficult to "get right with Jesus" by day three. If you have a bad day, get over it. Move on. Let go. Make better choices now. Begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment