Friday, March 9, 2012

My Neck, My Back

Let's talk about leg cramps. Have you ever heard of anyone doing the master cleanse and getting crazy cramps? Like wake you up in the night cramps? I have heard of but never experienced this, and let me tell you - it's gnarly. Super gnar.

My fiance was tossing and turning all night so I got up and slept on the couch, which I never do. It was 2:45 am. I was having super vivid dreams about car accidents and Vegas, mind you two weeks ago I was having dreams that David Wolfe and I were deep in the amazon tripping on some weird raw shiz. Anyway crazy vivid dreams and I was waking up at 15 minute intervals with these super crazy, intense cramps in my calves.

I tried to keep the blanket over my face to prevent me from being able to see the glowing clock on the ihome. Rule number one: no glowing clocks in your sleeping area. I promote no clocks or tv in general. I read once that even if you wake up to go the bathroom, you should never look at the clock. Apparently the energy psyches you out or something.

Back to the cramps.. I would think that after two weeks and one day of a mostly raw food cleanse, that I would be over that phase of detox but I guess if the aforementioned equation is correct, I could be experiencing these symptoms for two years. That shit cray. I mean it's hard for me to stand for a long time. And not to continue the tirade, but my back is killing me too. Definitely in need of an intense stretch sesh this afternoon. For sure.



Fiesta, Fiesta:

Celery, sliced
Broccoli, sliced
Speciality cauliflower, sliced
White onion
Sliced mushroom
Sliced kale, de-stemmed
2 cloves diced garlic
1/4 habanero pepper (bad idea unless you like choking)
2 cayenne peppers from the vinegar jar

I made this mixture for tacos last night. Romaine lettuce tacos, that is. My fiance made homemade guac that I used for a spread - he had nachos. That used to be a once a week meal for us. He made the same size that we used to share and threw 1/3 of it away! You live and you learn.
He's actually been very understanding and hasn't made me feel badly about not eating the things I was. Namely cheese, but between you and me, I can't stand that processed three cheese Mexican blend. It tastes like plastic. He really wanted sour cream and I offered to make him some from pine nuts but that was clearly not happening.

We both had the rest of the veggies for lunch today. I squirted the bragg's liquid aminos on mine, which I highly recommend as a staple item in your kitchen.

Have a salubrious weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment