Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Quinoa Salad


The Quinoa Salad...Beautiful.

1 cup organic quinoa, cooked --I cooked mine in homemade vegetable broth http://beginwellness.blogspot.com/2011/05/easy-vegetable-broth.html
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups broccoli, sliced and broken into small pieces
1 zucchini, sliced into little sticks. I slice the zucchini and stack three circles on top of each other and then slice into little sticks.
4 small tomatoes, diced 
3 sticks celery, finely sliced

Cook the quinoa. Did you know quinoa is actually a seed? I have read several different ways to make quinoa and here's what I prefer: soak 1 cup quinoa for 5 -30 minutes. If it's not soaked, don't stress. Just give it a good rinse.

 Place all other ingredients into a large mixing bowl. When the quinoa is done let it cool and slowly stir it into your salad mixture however much quinoa you want. I stirred in a little over half of the quinoa and saved the rest for luch and dinner today. I just bulked up yesterday's salad. You can enjoy it like this, or you can make it with the Avocado Sauce that goes on top.
http://beginwellness.blogspot.com/2012/03/avocado-salsa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment