Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Zucchini Pasta with Cilantro Pesto

This is my go to dish. I made it last night and my fiancé said it was his favorite...right after he smeared his (organic) ground beef all over it. He said he was making it a meat dish.

That's fine. 

Cilantro Pesto: 
adapted from fromsadtoraw.com this is my version:
2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
2/3 cup pine nuts
2 pinches sea salt
4 cloves garlic
1 jalapeño or Serrano or habanero pepper, cut into thirds just to help blender process
3-4 TBS evoo 

Blend all ingredients. Set aside. 

Pasta: 
2 zucchinis, sliced with mandolin, spirilizer, potato peeler, or by hand
2 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces
4 small tomatoes or 1 large, diced
1/2 cup leeks, sliced (I didn't have onion) 

Put all ingredients into large mixing bowl. Stir in pesto until pasta is well coated. 
Cayenne pepper and fresh cracked pepper to taste.

Makes 4 servings. My fiance had 2 servings for dinner. I split the other two servings up between my dinner and lunch.

That's a Chili-Chipotle Bracker in the background. Perfect companion for my lunch.
http://beginwellness.blogspot.com/2011/05/brackers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment