Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rawkin Party of Four. Rawkin

The Dinner Table:


Man's Wrap:


My Wrap:


The Fixings:

Wild Rice - 1 cup dry was plenty for four people plus left overs. Costco was actually selling Organic Wild Rice so I had to buy it. The directions say 1 cup rice (rinsed) to 1 1/2 cups water (I use my homemade vegetable broth). Using an organic spray oil, I like to do a low saute of onion, garlic, and jalapeno/serrano/or habanero for fun. I know it's cooked but sometimes it's just fun.

Once the broth comes to a boil I add my seasonings which are usually cumin, cayenne, fresh cracked pepper and himalayan sea salt.

Matchstick Veggies:
Red Bell Pepper
Carrots
Celery
Zucchini

Toss all vegetables into large mixing bowl. When the rice is finished cooking, let it cool and then stir in as much of it as you want into your mixing bowl.

I was having anxiety about rolling up wraps for everyone but also about asking if they wanted to make their own. My fiance and I had had so much fun the night before rolling our own so we decided to go with roll your own. It was so much fun, our friends loved it!

I made a double batch of cilantro pesto with, you betcha, green chard instead of spinach, and a batch of stuffed mushrooms, only dehydrated for about an hour due to timing but it was all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment