Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easy Vegetable Broth

Get your scraps!


I keep mine in an air tight bag in the freezer unless I know I'm making a broth within a few days.

Just like with Sip n Sweat, you can really add whatever you want. http://beginwellness.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-3-damn-it-feels-good-to-be-gangster.html

Here we have:
brocolli stems
rainbow chard
celery
LOTS of garlic
white onion (I read somewhere that red makes it weird)

The rainbow chard gives it a beautiful rose color.

Place in large pot. Cover with water, bring to a boil and season. In this case: cumin, cayenne, sea salt and mexican seasoning (for fun).
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for an hour. Pour thru strainer and enjoy. Keeps for over a week in fridge. I've kept it around for two and used it to make rice or steam vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment