Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Planning, Preparing, and thoughts on Jucing

If there is one thing in addition to "lots of water today," I say over and over and over again to my clients, it's this: planning and preparing are your two biggest assets.  Like anything with life.  You don't just become a homeowner. You don't just lose weight. Your lunch doesn't just make itself.  You have to plan, prepare.

So my quick side note about preparing is to chop everything up in advance. I rinse and chop all my vegetables on Sunday and put them in a large container.  I rinse and spin my lettuce and store it right in the salad spinner lined with a paper towel. In the morning, since I am making my fiance's salad as well as mine, it's like a mini assembly line.  Grab the spinner, grab the chopped veggies, grab two pyrex and fill. Dash of Salad Sprinkle, dash of Cayenne, lids on and I'm out the door.

For this cleanse I entertained the idea of a juicer.  Okay, I'm just going to say it.  Forget the juicer. I don't have time for that in the morning, I already have a $500 blender, if we want a juice we can walk 3 blocks to Mother's and buy one from the juice bar. We like to eat.  We enjoy chewing.  I want all of the nutritional benefits from the whole fruit and vegetable therefore my vitamix does me just right.

I'm not knocking juicers. I love fresh vegetable juice, but 70-80% of the fruit and vegetable is discarded when removing fiber and skins. Organic produce is expensive.  Why waste it?

No comments:

Post a Comment