Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fiance's First Cleanse: Day One

My fiance survived day one of his first cleanse and I was so unprepared as far as groceries are concerned. Somehow I pulled it together. I think the difference being a chef and a baker is following directions. I have a knack for being able to pull together a shmorgish board of ingredients and making something fabulous.

As my version of cleanse and his version are a little different so were our diets before we began. I have been a vegetarian since 2004 and he was eating Mc Donald's until we met in 2009. So when I got home today and he was drinking a beer, I was a bit thrown off.

"Are you drinking a beer?"  I asked, perplexed. 
"Yes."  He answers just as confused.
"We're cleansing."  I said.
And that's when he lost it..."FROM ALCOHOL?! I thought it was just dairy and meat?  15 days with no alcohol, babe?"

Isn't that what a cleanse is?  I digress.  Let him have the cake on this one.  At least he's off dairy, meat, flour and refined sugar for awhile. Note: I never mentioned "raw cleanse" or "vegan cleanse."  Those words are scary to a meat eater.  I understand that. In my mind, we're on a raw cleanse.  In his mind, he's not eating meat or dairy. Thus his confusion on why I insisted we leave our organic tortilla chips at our friend's house the night of the cooking club.

I had come across Heal Yourself in 15 Days on Naturalnews.com so I read all of the articles and decided it was time for some spring cleaning...or as I like to call it, Getting right with Jesus.

I hope you can understand my excitement (delightment?) and sheer love for my fiance when he agreed to do the cleanse with me. He survived meat and cheese cravings, wanting to dig his teeth into something nasty and bam!  Day. One. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment