Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In the Name of Humanity

So last night's dinner of raw zucchini pasta with cilantro pesto along with cilantro pesto stuffed mushrooms (dehydrated for 30 minutes...time was not of the essence) was a huge success!  It was rich and we both ate it up.  I prefer to use a very small bowl while the size of Rumil's is about 4 times bigger, but hey, at least he's filling up on veggies, nuts and fruits instead of (insert whatever crazy meat/cheese concoction you can think of here). 

I should just briefly mention here that I do make him a salad everyday for lunch, along with a Mercola Bar and a jar of almonds right. Beyond that I'm not sure what he was eating as he goes from work straight to school.  He was making sandwiches, but after watching Food Inc. he went on a rampage and threw everything out.

My curiosity got the best of me and I inquired last week about what he had been doing instead of making sandwiches.  His response was much to my dismay: "Yesterday I got a chicken enchilada from Ralph's."  Really?  Just stop.

This is when I try to refrain from getting on my soap box.  Ralph's?  Meat from Ralph's?  The prepared food section from Ralph's?  I can't. I just can't.  I started on my, "This is about raising our level of awareness" tirade but knowing the cleanse was around the corner I opted for http://www.zipit.com/ instead.  What was I thinking?  Why did it take me so long to wonder what the heck he was eating? I do this for a living! Breathe.

I woke up quite hungry this morning which means I am definitely eating less at dinner.  I'm sticking with my usual lemon water with cayenne pepper before I have my pear and almonds. I feel much better now that I have been to the market and I'm really looking forward to an almond butter, banana and celery sandwich on Ezekiel's sprouted multi-grain bread with a dash of cinnamon when I get home.

My fiance and I are coming out of our Birthday Month, Easter, Cooking Club (build your own nachos...think nacho cheese/chili/jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon - my friends were nice enough to make some non-bacon-wrapped ones for me) and Mother's Day. Think Loosey Juicey and pork tenderloin, so we're aware it's going to take some time to clean out the system.

We have some very nice, fresh eggs that I bought from the Farmer's Market of which we still have a few left. The farmer showed my sister pictures of his chickens roaming around so they cost a pretty penny, but it's in the name of humanity. I wanted to take them to the neighbor's (no, we don't know them) or to Rumil's office manager, but he would like to have them for breakfast.

Again, I thought we were doing a vegan cleanse and he doesn't think eggs qualify as meat or dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment