Monday, May 16, 2011

Postcards from Heaven


Since my mom passed away in 2003 she has come to say "Hi, I'm right here," in two forms.  One is a deer and the other is a ladybug.

I first felt her presence two days after her funeral in Monterey. A friend was driving me to class and I happened to glance into the forest and a deer was staring at me straight in the eyes; it penetrated my soul. I went straight to one of my professor's who was huge into mythology and spirits and stuff and cried like a baby.

The second time was after a really intense meditation at Garrapata in Big Sur. When I opened my eyes there was a little ladybug crawling on me and it made me cry tears of joy. When I almost got hit by a car crossing the street in San Francisco a few years later, there was a little ladybug crawling down the city sidewalk after I made it to safety across the street. Amazingness. 

And this happened the day before Mother's Day. She is everywhere. Here everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment