Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 10 Like A Log

I what I am referring to actually is sleep.  Body sans sugar = sleeping like a log.  It is so amazing and energizing. Even Twiggy seems to be benefiting from it, who btw, is also on a raw food diet. She loves the goose! Stella and Chewy's freeze dried patties...they don't come cheap but neither does health.

My fiance seems to be withering away which was not my plan. I mean, he looks terrific but he's down to 183 today and that was pre poop. Mind you he's 6'3."  He is excited that this whole weight loss thing coincides with his DMV appt. so he can put 185 on his new license; that's down from 200!!! And we thought only girls worried about that?! He actually just informed me that he weighed 235 in 10th grade.

My fiance was worried about his fat content being to high, which is funny. He thought that the pistachios, almonds and avocados were all too much.  If you think about all the processed cheese, meats, fried carbs, etc. his was eating before, you know he has only replaced bad trans fats with amazing essential fats. Plus the plan wasn't for him to wither away so I can't imagine what his weight would be if he wasn't eating avocados and nuts. Note to self: buy more avocados.

Our Produce Box has been awesome http://www.farmfreshtoyou.com/  That's where the avos have been coming from along with zucchinis, cilantro, lettuces, oranges, apples and broccoli.

I'm off to a climbing class while my fiance studies for finals! Yikes for both of us!

Which reminds me: Rum's office manager asked him if he thought now was really a good time to be doing a cleanse. Fortunately he was able to say yes, and that his focus and concentration is on point. Far better than it was even two weeks ago.  Side note: she asked this after he offered her a Bracker while she was eating a double double and fries.  Brackers are expensive! No sharing! Especially if it's going unappreciated! Crikey.

They finally decided to close the office for an hour so they could actually eat lunch. He works in eye care for a private practice and is basically seeing patients all day while files pile up on his desk, so he was lucky before if he could even grab a handful of nuts that doc keeps around the office.

The doctor he works for is active and healthy and surfs at lunch. It's the ladies that have drawers of chocolates.  Anyway, this is what lead to my fiance to starving all day, subsisting on coffee and a handful of nuts until 5 or 6PM when he would hit up a drive thru on his way to class.

Not no mo! Kare Kare put an end to that right quick. And he (we) couldn't be happier about it. I'll also just throw in that we have been living together since August and he has not been sick once, whereas before I was in the picture, he was on a first name basis with the crew over at the weekend drive up doctor place. I forget what they are called. Doctor's on Duty? Thank God that's in the past. Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment